May 12, 2020

Apply for a new business license | Washington State Department of Licensing



Start a Business in Washington State

The 5-Step Process




Get an InCitySpace Business Address

Before your form your LLC or Corporation, you'll need a business address to use. You don't want to use a home address or PO Box service. ICS provides a professional business address for all your corporate filings, business licensing, Washington State Department of Revenue & IRS EIN registration.




File your LLC, Corporation, or Partnership with the Washington Secretary of State


This is a helpful resource to set-up your corporation, LLC, or partnership in Washington State. Remember, you'll need a Registered Agent in Washington. InCitySpace can be listed as your Registered Agent when you sign up for our business address w/registered agent service.

Your InCitySpace business address is a professional commercial office building address location in Seattle, WA. This is a real street address, not a PO Box. You can use this address to file your business LLC, corporation or partnership with the Washington Secretary of State, Department of Revenue, Department of Licensing, Internal Revenue Service, and use the address on all your company marketing materials and website.

Every corporation, LLC, or Limited Partnership must have a registered agent (also known as a “resident agent,” “statutory agent” or “agent of process”) in their state of formation, and in any state the company qualifies to do business in. The registered agent ensures you receive all important legal documents such as service of process (meaning a notice of a lawsuit) and official governmental notices. This is a critical service as it can determine if you win or loose a lawsuit. The Washington Secretary of State requires a registered agent. When you sign up with InCitySpace, you get a business address and we serve as your registered agent.

ICS can do this for you if you need help.





Apply for a Washington State Business License with the Washington State Department of Revenue

You must apply for a Washington State Business License with the Washington State Department of Revenue in order to do business in Washington State. This enables you to pay taxes and hire employees.




Apply for an EIN (Employer Identification Number) with the IRS

You must apply for an EIN with the Internal Revenue Service. This is the number used to track employee tax withholding and file business taxes at the end of the year.




Register Your Business in Seattle

You will need to register your business in the City of Seattle.



Let's get started with your business address

> Get Started



We can also set-up your business for you, including all 5 steps. Sit back, relax, we've got you covered.